You can take the GRITS out of Florida, but you can't take Florida out of the GRITS!

Thursday, September 6, 2012

What I Miss About Florida

Today I am missing the sky.  You see, it's kind of hard to see the whole big sky here in Pittsburgh.  Big hills and tons of trees are in the way.  Don't get me wrong - I love all the trees and the hills are beautiful, but sometimes I just want to see big, open sky.  To see it here, you have to drive to the top of a mountain or hill or whatever they actually are.  Once there, the view is always awesome.  Not only do you get to see the big beautiful sky, you get to look down into valleys and see houses, towns, rivers...it's pretty sweet.

So today, I am missing the Florida skies and thinking about US27 between Moore Haven and Lake Placid and the one perfect spot along that route to see breathtaking sunsets.

3 comments:

Joey B said...

I know what you mean... I miss the ocean, Spanish moss and anoles.

I don't miss sand spurs.

I miss beaches without rocks, magnolias, grapefruit in the backyard and a sunset or sunrise that fills the horizon.

I miss the ocean.

It gets easier... but it never goes away.

SwampAngel65 said...

I miss all that stuff, too! And never having to pay for a mango or avocado...Florida will always be home to me. There is no other place like it on Earth.

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine,
My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
I was looking for blog posts about Lake Placid to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
Hope to hear from you :)
Jane