Since moving to PA, I've been driving my husband's Jeep Cherokee. I like it ok, but I'm still keeping my eyes open for a car that's more "me". So the other day, I got to thinkin' about the cars I've owned and the cars I wish I could own.
Here is a run down of what I've driven (none of these are pictures of my actual car. I swiped them off the internet):
1. My first car. A 1979 Toyota Corolla. I swear I'd still have it if Andrew hadn't killed it. It was originally white, but needed a paint job, so my dad painted it with what he had...a godawful Smurf blue. Needless to say, it stood out in a parking lot!
2. After Andrew killed my smurf mobile, I acquired a Toyota truck from my sister. It had a topper on the back. I drove it for a couple years, then one night a lady ran through an intersection and turned straight into me. Totalled it :(
3. Next up, a Bronco II. I wanted a Bronco BAD, and despite better judgement, my dad found one for me in Okeechobee. It was an '86 and we found out later than they were know for their notoriously horrible transmissions. Mine blew on the way to Gainesville one day. Had a rebuilt one installed and it didn't last 2 months. We were all pissed. Sold it to a junk yard.
4. Then came the sweetie...my sister's very first new car...a 1986 Toyotal Celica GTS. She gave it to me because she was getting a new truck. This car still smelled new! 5 gears, fast as shit. I loved it. It was killed in Florida City when a guy t-boned me pulling out a McDonald's on US1. Thank God Aidan wasn't with me because he would've been showered by glass and he was only 6n months old. The damn Fla. City PD are idiots. Someone saw the accident and followed the guy (no, he never even slowed down after hitting me)...gave the PD the tag number and they told him to stop following him. Long story short- the police never did a damn thing. Ran the tag, knew who owned the car, but nothing was ever done. Unfreakin' believeable!
|Mine had black vent shades on the back window...made it look even more badass than it was.|
5. So my first adventure with a car dealer came next. It was actually pretty easy. I knew exactly what I wanted and how much I was willing to spend. Got pre-financed through my bank. No haggling. No pressure. I drove away with a 2002 Toyota Corolla S.
6. It got totalled about a month after I made the final payment on it. Kid ran a red light in Homestead - BAM! End of my Toy Yoda :( So then I needed wheels and a friend of mine's kid was selling his truck. I bought it. Wish I hadn't, but I did. A 1999 Chevy S-10 ZR2, 4X4. I still own it even though it is 1200 miles away right now. Sam uses it for dump runs. I really don't know what it's future will be.
Now THESE are the cars I wish I had!
|Toyota FJ Cruiser|