You can take the GRITS out of Florida, but you can't take Florida out of the GRITS!

Monday, April 29, 2013

The Shed!

Well, I slipped again.  Not physically, but blogally.  I swore to post at least once a week and I haven't done that. *Hangs head in shame*  I will try to do better.

We had a new shed delivered a few weeks ago.  I LOVE the shed!  It is for all my tools (aka my Dad's old tools).  And a place for all my smaller project crap.


 Watching one guy bring it down into the yard all by himself was interesting.  And kind of scary.
The actual delivery started good and ended bad with the driver's pully thingy machine (see pic below) falling off the truck and breaking a piston.  We had to wait for that to be repaired before he could come back and get it down in the yard.  In the meantime, it sat in the driveway for a few days.  No big deal.



 Slowly transferring my tools from the office to the shed.  Not everything is here yet. Not by a long shot!


When I am all done getting everything into it, I want to paint a Mailpouch Tobacco ad on the side like these old ones:




 I got the idea to do it from seeing this shed...


I think it'll be super cute and a bit of a nod to some local history.

We have also been working on our vegetable gardens, firepit, addition and several miscellaneous things around the house and yard.  I wish I could just pick a project and continue with it until it's done, but I think I must have a bit of that ADHD in me because I find myself constantly jumping from one project to another and getting none of them done.  Must. Learn. How. To. Focus.

Tomorrow I'll tell y'all about the addition.  For my Facebook friends, feel free to skip as you've already seen all the pics of that ;)

No comments: