You can take the GRITS out of Florida, but you can't take Florida out of the GRITS!

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Christmas in Florida, 2013

Way overdue in posting these pics from our trip down to Florida this past Christmas!

 Fanning Springs.  I think it's my favorite spring so far.


We also checked out Rainbow Springs.  Pretty, but I don't like it as much as Fanning or Manatee.


Stopped at the 4 E's boat ramp to grab a cache.



I like this picture...can you see George?

We spotted this cutie in Okeechobee heading over to Platt's Bluff.



 I think he's adorable!

One of the trailheads for the FT, near Platt's Bluff.

I only got a couple pictures of Christmas morning in Okeechobee :(


The gorgeous Pandora that Sam got me.  I am still in shock over it!

The lock at Taylor Creek and Lake Okeechobee.



George had to do a little yakking on Lake Francis.

The day Sam was getting ready to drive back to Miami, he checked and his car was totally out of oil and one of his tires has TWO screws in it!  So, he called work and told them he wouldn't be making it back.  Mom followed him to Sebring to have it checked out....
The cost of repairs was way too much...more wrong than we even imagined, so his Grandma decided to just buy him another car.  Merry Christmas, Sam!!!


Before we drove back to PA, we found some palmettos to plant in the front yard at Lake Placid.

I think the yard is going to look awesome when they grow and start to fill in.  I love planting native!


Trailer Trash?  Maybe to some, but we love this little place!  It's been in the family since about '71 and I hope it always stays in the family :)

Doing a little caching in Okeechobee.  We had a DNF, but it was still neat to see this old Tantie Schoolhouse.


So that was our Christmas.  As always, I swear to post here more often!

2 comments:

Misti said...

You are giving me Florida envy!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the oaks with the elephant ears! *swoon*

SwampAngel65 said...

Misti, you guys should plan a trip down this summer!