You can take the GRITS out of Florida, but you can't take Florida out of the GRITS!

Monday, March 15, 2010

And so a new chapter begins...

As of 10:00am, this morning, I am officially divorced. No celebrations. No yells of joy. I don't think it's right to celebrate the ending of a marriage, but I will say that I am happy. I am content. I am at peace.

Divorce was something that, infortunately should've happened a few years ago. But I am not one to take my vows lightly, so I tried...and tried...and tried..... I and my kids have put up with ALOT of bad scenes. So last July I made the decision to end the nightmare.

I have felt free since he moved out, but now I am completely, legally free. We have a child together, so I guess he'll always be in the picture somewhat. I have no problem being his friend. In fact, since he moved out, we have gotten along fine, even helping each other out now and then with different problems (and what problems some of those have been!).

So after court, I got a Starbucks and came home to my kids. No parties, but that's just fine. It's been over for a long, long time...why should I celebrate now? In fact, I feel no different today than I did yesterday or a week ago. Family and good friends have been supportive. And I was blessed to have someone come into my life that fills my heart with such happiness...I feel so lucky.

So here I am, about to start the next chapter of my life. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Island Rider said...

Best wishes on your new journey.

The Florida Blogger said...

A journey always has its up and downs. Glad you are seeing the bright side of this. Good on ya!

Sayre said...

You know, some people are just fine if you are not married to them. My husband and his ex discovered this. His ex and I are great friends, calling on occasion to chat about our common kid or just because. We even go on vacation with her sometimes. It's weird, but it works (she lives all the way across the country).