You can take the GRITS out of Florida, but you can't take Florida out of the GRITS!

Monday, March 30, 2009

Strangers in the Night

1:48am, I am watching some show on the Travel Channel about these two guys who go live with natives in the woods. I see a shadow out of the corner of my eye...it is my oldest and he's walking into the living room holding something...

Sam: Look who was sleeping in my bed.

Me: Oh my God! Is that Steve?

Sam: Steve is the only white snake around here.

Me: Wow! Out of this whole house, he escapes and ends up YOUR BED?!?!?!

Sam: Yup.

We put the wayward escape artist back into his home, placed the bricks back on top (someone had left them off) and Sam went back to bed, and I went back to the Travel Channel.


Some people would've completely freaked to be sleeping in their bed and have their foot touch something that shouldn't be there, especially a 3 1/2 foot snake. But not Sam. The whole thing was a little surreal and yet, seemed completely normal. Yeah, we're weird.

2 comments:

Sayre said...

I think I would have freaked a little - but not as much as I would have if NO snakes were living in my house.

ChrisB said...

I would definitely have freaked out big time, but then I don't think there is any way I would cope with snakes in the house.