You can take the GRITS out of Florida, but you can't take Florida out of the GRITS!

Monday, February 9, 2009

Got Volkswagons?


Yesterday, my kids and I met up with our friend, Jenn, and went to check out "Volksblast" in South Miami.




There were quite a few Bugs of all types to check out.







Our friends, Marc and Eliana, had just returned from an 8 month, cross country trip in their Westfalia. It was nice to see them again! They entered "Valentina" in the competition...I hope they won!

Check out their blog at the address in the sign above. It was a wonderful and exciting adventure!



Aidan spotted this John Deered up bus and HAD to inspect it!

That's not a real kid, but a doll...kinda creepy....



It was pretty neat to see so many Volkswagons on one place. It made me miss driving stick shift all over again.

9 comments:

Sayre said...

KarmenGhias, Things, and Bugs - Oh my!!! And vans. God, I love VW vans. Learned how to drive in one. Made it leave the ground in front of the police station once...

Anonymous said...

how fun!

Sandcastle Momma said...

I've always wanted a VW bus. Or a Bug - they're just so cool and they bring out the hippie in me LOL Looks like a fun show.

SophieMae said...

DS would've gone BUGgy over all those VW's. His ideal vehicle is a VW bus.

Hey, give your sis a big hug for me... then tell her to give you one! That guava jelly was sooooooooooo much better than store-bought! 8-]

Have a JESUS-filled day! ^i^

Beckie said...

Those Bugs are SO stinking CUTE!

Sara said...

I'm sorry we missed each other! But I was stuck in the camper entering all the judging forms all day - so I can understand it! Glad you had a great time!

Sara (GeoBear18)

Unknown said...

I love THINGS! That must have been great fun!

marcandeliana said...

Glad you guys made it out to Volksblast, good to see you after all these months! VW's are pretty excellent, huh? We didn't win in the contest, but I did have 5 winning raffle tickets! Lots of new t-shirts, hats, and stickers to go around! Hope to see you out caching again soon!

Unknown said...

I had a Ford Ranger that was a stick shift ... and yes, I miss it.