You can take the GRITS out of Florida, but you can't take Florida out of the GRITS!

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

He did it!

We are all excited at my house...Aidan FINALLY pooped in the potty! He did it last Thursday and called me at work to tell me. He said he was saving it for me to see. I came home and we celebrated by lots of clapping and laughing and a ceremonial picture of the turd in the toilet. (I won't post that here. If you really want to see it, let me know and I'll email it to you. )

So finally, my almost-four-year-old has managed to see the light. Since then, he has only worn a diaper at bedtime. I am so proud of him. He's only had 2 accidents and I think that's pretty damn good.

Next goal to accomplish will be getting him to sleep in his own bed!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a relief that must be. Love the new look0f the blog BTW! Thanks for not posting the picture:)

SophieMae said...

DAWG! I was about to say how much I love that gorgeous new B&W header I saw earlier... For a minute there, I thought I was in the wrong place.

Yeah, thanks for not posting the ceremonial pic. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Well PooPooPeeDo for you! Now you have to move onto guiding him in another area. hehehe

Good for Aidan! Yippee!

Anonymous said...

Yeah for Aidan! And for you, too! Here's to a life free of diapers and pull ups.

Of course there is still the butt wiping, but you can live with that, right?

SwampAngel65 said...

Yeah, I can live with the butt wiping! He tried doing it himself today and it just cracked me up...he just kept wiping his butt cheek! I'm like, "Ok, honey, that's good, BUT I think I need to help you a little..."