You can take the GRITS out of Florida, but you can't take Florida out of the GRITS!

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Little Accomplishments

 I don't know why, but lately I've had several projects going at once.  That's really weird for me. I usually try to start something and not start anything new until it's finished.

Aidan told me he wanted me to make him a scarf, so his is his - still in the works!  The only thing I can crochet is a scarf.  I am a horrible crocheter...just trying to fake it here.

Making more laundry soap has been on my list of to-do's for a long time now. Finally made myself grate up 2 bars of soap.  That is the WORST!  It takes forever to grate.  The only good thing is that Fels Naptha smells pretty darn good, if you ask me.

And not on my list of chores, but something I've been wanting since the first time I saw one...a Flip Flap solar powered flower.  In case you're one of the few who have never seen one, most people who have them tend to set them on the dashboard of their vehicle so they get a good dose of sunshine,  The leaves flap up and down, the flower side to side.  Walgreens had them in a huge bin and I grabbed,,,a few (hey, they are actually pretty damn cheap).

If you want one, let me know.  I'd be happy to send you one!

I've also been on  an EBay kick, but that happens ever once in a while.  I managed to get Aidan a brand new pair of REI thick rain pants that will also be great in the snow...for the grad price of $6.99 includinh shipping!  And I just snagged myself a new black and yellow Kipling purse (hey, STEELERS colors!!!).  Cost a little more than the pants, but I just wanted it bad.  Oh, I also have to say that using the Bid Sniper on my Android phone has been fantastic!  I have not lost a bid with it yet!!  If anyone wants to know more about it, let me know.  It's a great app!

Latest on the home front:  still no signed papers from the judge, so here I sit.  I have not been to PA since our wedding and haven't seen my husband since Christmas.  Sometimes I don't think the move will ever happen.  I've actually been having this recurring thought that I'm going to get t-boned HARD by a truck and my body is going to be smashed to pieces.  WHY do I keep having such an awful thought????




1 comment:

SBG said...

My wife just made a huge batch of clothes soap! Works great!