You can take the GRITS out of Florida, but you can't take Florida out of the GRITS!

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Holiday Weekend Caching

T

Every holiday, we manage to run out and grab at least one cache.  Well, this long weekend, we managed to get a few, including 3 puzzle caches - one of which was out 1,700th find!  The black thing that Aidan is holding is a magnetic keyholder.  One of the most hated, and yet overused cache containers out there.  BUT, urban caching can be limited as to places for hiding an ammo can, so we put up with the key holders.  At least this one required some thought put into solving the puzzle (and thanks to Lj for bringing it all into place!).


Friday, my love and I paddled the yak out to Chicken Key so he could get the cache that's hidden there.  It's only about 3.5 miles roundtrip, but throw in currents and winds across an open Bay and it can seem much further.


The water was too cold for me to swim in.  Couldn't make it in past my crotch!


The water was so clear, but it's not the pretty blue you see in the Keys.  And no sandy beaches, either!


And let's see...the day before that was Thanksgiving and we had dinner with good friends at Texas de Brazil on Miami Beach. Not bad, but not the usual turkey dinner!  Afterwards, we were all pretty stuffed so we walked to go find a cache nearby.  It's pretty strange that Miami Beach doesn't have more caches than it does...odd.

So that was my weekend.  The Christmas stuff is down from the attic, but we've yet to start decorating.  I do NOT do Black Friday and have no shopping done yet.  As much as I swear "Next year, I'll be done by Halloween", it never happens.  I fully plan on scurrying around like a chicken with her head cut off all the way up to Christmas Eve, buying presents.  Unless I do like I've done before and just try to make my presents.

Meh, why worry about it now?  We have, what...25 days before Christmas...plenty of time....yeah...

5 comments:

SophieMae said...

Get outa here! 1700?!?!?!?!?! DAWG! I haven't been caching in a coon's age. I should check the tide charts and try the one that always thwarted me, coz I kept getting there at high tide.

Yeah, OK, 25 days. That's like forever, right? HAAAA!!! I think ebay is gonna save my hide - and my sanity - this year. Sane? I was sane once.

Hey, my word verif. is codepi. If there was any 'code pi' left, I'd heat it up. *g*

Love ya loads, sweet thang!
Have a JESUS-filled day! ^i^

SwampAngel65 said...

Yes! You should start caching again. The good thing about not doing it for a while is that when you DO go back out, there's usually a bunch of new caches to find!

Pi? Pie? Did you mention Pie? I am pumpkin pie deficient right now... think I need to make one soon!

Sandcastle Momma said...

Good Lord woman! 1700 is amazing!
How long have you been caching?

Sounds like a great holiday and I'm glad you were able to spend it with your love.

My Mom called the other day to tell me that she's finished her Christmas shopping. I haven't even started. I might be one of those people running around like crazy on Christmas Eve this year!

marcandeliana said...

Congrats on gettin them nickerbeans on chicken key!

SwampAngel65 said...

That cache MUST have nickerbeans in it at all times!! I just cannot believe it hasn't been found in over a year. Dang!