You can take the GRITS out of Florida, but you can't take Florida out of the GRITS!

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Mystery Animal

So my boss found these prints today out on the trail at work.  They don't match up with Bobcat prints.  There are no claw/nail marks, so most likely not a dog.  Besides, they're actually pretty big...4" long and 3 1/2" across on the biggest print.  My sister and brother-in-law both say it's a panther.  They hunt ALOT, so I trust them, but...seriously?  A panther?  Where I work?  Hmmm.... so what do y'all think about it?  Any thoughts or ideas?






If anyone wants to see more pictures, let me know...I took a bunch of them.  

(I'm thinking Chupacabra...)

4 comments:

R.Powers said...

It does seem to fit the description of a panther track.

SwampAngel65 said...

Well, something that never entered my mind was brought up...jaguarundi???? The pads are right for that, more so than a panther, but the size is way off...the mystery continues!

blackfishorca said...

Nice manicure

SwampAngel65 said...

I was experimenting with black and gold, getting ready for Sunday's game!