You can take the GRITS out of Florida, but you can't take Florida out of the GRITS!

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

SNOW FUN!!!


Another trip to Pennsylvania last weekend...this time I got to play in snow! Lots and lots of wonderful, powdery, sparkley white snow!!



I didn't think he'd actually wear that hat, but he did! And I like it. It adds character...PLUS, it makes it much harder to lose him in the snow!


Snowshoeing. These we rented from REI. They worked good, but had crappy straps.


I love this house!



If you were to go to www.paccsa.org, you'll see the webcam at this location!


A Winter Wonderland!


My attempt to make a snow angel was thwarted by an evil Lj who took pictures of me as she pelted me with snow. I was laughing too hard to fight!



Cucumber Falls in Ohiopyle...amazing!


I think icicles are beautiful...



Day one (or should I say "night one") we sledded down Sunny Slopes. Day two was snowshoeing. Day three - SKIING at Seven Springs!



I think someone's waving at me!


No pictures of me skiing because - I CANNOT SKI! I CANNOT STOP! I think if I had a couple days to pracctice, I might get the hang of it, though.


The flight back to MIA...I managed a couple kind of cool shots, though, I think.



It's still cool in Miami. Not like the 4 or 6 degrees we had in Pittsburgh, but it's still chilly. I love the winter. It "snowed" in Florida while I was gone, but from what I've heard, it disintegrated on impact. Still fun stuff, though.

HAPPY WINTER, EVERYONE!

I HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL, HEALTHY, HAPPY, PROSPEROUS AND BLESSED
NEW YEAR

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like an awesome time! I love the icicles! Beautiful fresh snow too!

Anonymous said...

My friend and I were recently talking about the prevalence of technology in our day to day lives. Reading this post makes me think back to that debate we had, and just how inseparable from electronics we have all become.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as the price of memory drops, the possibility of downloading our memories onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's one of the things I really wish I could experience in my lifetime.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://kwstar88.zoomshare.com/2.shtml]R4i[/url] DS FPost)