You can take the GRITS out of Florida, but you can't take Florida out of the GRITS!

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Break time's over

Ok, it's time for me to get off my butt and post something! Not that I have anything wonderful or entertaining to talk about - I don't. So, I'll just fill y'all in on what's been going on during my absence from the wonderful world of blogging.

Work, work, work. Doctor appointments. Spousal problems. Kid problems. The grass 2 feet high in my yard. Need I go on? Yup, blogging had to take a backseat for a while.

I saw my new neurologist last week. He seemed nice enough but he made me do the strangest things. He had me pushing different muscles against his. (oh. that didn't sound right...) Example: He had me hold my arms out and as he pushed them inward, he told me to push outward. That type of stuff. Then I had to stand with my feet together, arms out and eyes closed for a few seconds. No big deal there, either. Then walk across the room on my toes, then my heels, then normal. Again, no problem. I kind of laughed during all this because I felt so silly. I mean, I understand the reasons for them, but I still felt stupid.

He then told me it was time for my yearly MRI and that now I have to have bloodwork done beforehand to make sure my liver is ok. Seems 1 in 10,000 people have liver damage done by the contrasting gunk they inject for half the MRI, so now the bloodwork is a standard thing. Ugh. That means I have to see my regular PCP. I'd rather go to a barber and have him perform a blood-letting.

The new Brain Doc also said my blood pressure was high and to have my PCP check that also. I am not surprised at all.

Now, during all this time, me and the whole family have been fighting a mean case of bronchitis. I'm feeling much better, but last Friday, my right ear suddenly got all plugged up. Bad. I thought it was some heavy duty disgusting wax build up and tried drops and irrigating it. Nothing. So today I had enough and called to make an appointment with my PCP for that and the blood work and the blood pressure and whatever else is wrong with me that I'm sure he'll discover. Well, I can't see him until late next week. Damn! I seriously am going crazy not hearing, so I decided to go to the Urgent Care Center.

I checked in at 6:30pm and was out at 7:30pm...still with a clogged ear, but now with 3 prescriptions! One for Flonase, one for an antihistamine and one for high blood pressure. Seems my ears are clear afterall. He thinks my bronchitis got my eustacian tube all funked up and that the spray and antihistamine should help shrink things back to normal. As soon as I picked them up at CVS, I tore them open and took everything. I cannot wait for my hearing to come back!

So, that's been the exciting part of what's been going on in my life.

Oh, and my son and hub cut the 2 foot tall grass last Sunday, so now my yard looks all purty. My veggies are growing good, but nothing fruiting out yet.

New neighbors moved in next door (where they tore down that old BBQ pit) and they seem nice enough. No kids, though. I'm a little bummed about that. It would've been nice for Aidan to have some friends next door.

Speaking of Aidan...pre-k is going MUCH better now. His lower lip only sticks out a little bit when we drop him off in the morning. No more screaming fits - YAY!! I even have his Halloween costume already which is major for me. I am usually running around last minute trying to put something together so I am quite proud of myself. I'll have pictures on here when Halloween comes and not before. It's a way cool costume ;)

My old pup is doing good. Quite good, in fact. She has become a food thief and has been caught more than once actually eating off plates on the dining room table. I could kill her! I try to shame her, but she has no shame. She is proud of her thievery. Grrr...

I need a vacation. I'm counting the days until Cacheapalooza at Jonathan Dickinson State Park. 3 days with nothing to do but hang out with friends, do some caching and just chill out. I just hope we can get a cabin! I don't mind tent camping, but last year we had a storm come through and lots of folks in tents got really messed up. I decided then and there to stick with the cabins!

Well, it's getting late and I need to hit the hay, so good night and I'll probably be back tomorrow with a Google Earth Challenge!


SCG said...

Great to have you back! I've been checking several times a day, hoping you would show up!


BeeDancer said...

Yay!!! You're back!!!

I've known some of what you've been dealing with, so having you back means life is on the upswing...and I'm so glad to know that...

As for the food thief, I tend to let old dogs get away with any type of mischief...It's just one more thing you'll laugh at in time

Sandcastle Momma said...

I'm glad you're back! Don't you just hate it when life gets in the way of blogging?
I hope the meds work and you feel better and can hear again soon. I hate for my head to be clogged up - I have enough trouble thinking when I'm clear headed LOL

I wish I could go to Cacheapalooza! I tried to figure out a way the other night but we are so poor right now I can barely pay attention - much less head off on a road trip. Take lots of pictures!

lisaschaos said...

Hey, Glad you're back! Sounds like you have been busy and sick but I hope the sick stuff is just about over. Cacheapalooza sounds FUN!

Sayre said...

So what, exactly, are the blood tests and MRIs for? I have a feeling I missed something somewhere....

Good to see you back in blogosphere!

Beckie said...

Good to see you back! I have had a slow, dry writing spell myself recently - can't seem to jump start myself to blog.

I think I missed something along with Sayre, but I'm following along now.

storyteller said...

I've tried to leave a comment several times this afternoon and gotten a message that Blogger isn't available. I'm hoping THIS time it works.

Wow … seems like no dull moments in YOUR life. I thought I was busy. LOL ‘Tis good to know what you’ve been up to … hope the medical stuph all works out and that the Bronchitis is a thing of the past soon. I’m celebrating my 1st Blogoversary at Sacred Ruminations today … and at Small Reflections yesterday. How time flies ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

eliana said...

Glad you are back, and that things are slowly getting brighter. Hope you feel better soon!

We should plan a kayaking trip or something like that when we get back, it would be nice to hang out again.

VitaminSea said...

I had to go to the neurologist last spring, and he put me through much the same tests as you described here, and then an MRI afterward.
THEN, they kept me waiting another 6 weeks to find out the results!

Good to hear Aidan is doing better with Pre-K, too. And ditto for the doggy!

Great to hear you're blogging again, too.
Now, I just have to get off my butt and do the same! LOL