You can take the GRITS out of Florida, but you can't take Florida out of the GRITS!

Monday, August 25, 2008

Fun Monday~ A Wealth of Useless Knowledge


The Dramatic Mama's over at Mama Drama are our hostesses this week. I love the different things that the hosts come up with and this is no exception...


Remember way back in elementary school when you had to do a report on James Garfield, the 20th President of the United States and you told the class all about how he was shot after only four months in office? You also remember that he recovered after a week, but doctor's continued to probe at the healed wound causing complications and resulting in his death almost three months later? Okay, we all knew that about Garfield, but you also remember that James Garfield could write with both hands at one time and in different languages.!!! Why do you remember that? Maybe for you it wasn't James Garfield, but somewhere in your past education, you picked-up some little bit of useless information that you've never forgotten.
What funny trivial fact do you remember that you probably should have forgotten a long time ago?


This one was easy for me.

Who is the "Babe Ruth" of Japanese baseball? SADAHARU OH


Why do I know this? I have no clue, I just do!

19 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Oh my gosh....and I love baseball. At least I thought I did. Didn't know THIS tho!!!

Loved this Fun Monday. Mine is posted. Hopefully this is a bit on the 'FUNny side' too. Drop by if you can, won't you? Happy day to you.

Sandcastle Momma said...

You must be a baseball fan LOL
I barely know who Babe Ruth is and I certainly wouldn't know who Japan's Babe is. Funny the stuff we pick up.

JG said...

OK, the funniest trivia that I can think of is that I know all the words to the Buster Brown shoe song...why? who knows...

Jan said...

I'm a baseball fan, too, and it didn't pop right into my head. Haven't visited for a while, love your lay-out re-do.

SwampAngel65 said...

I'm not a very big baseball fan...so why this stays in my head is even more of a mystery!

ChrisB said...

I hadn't a clue about that piece of trivia, but I have heard of Babe Ruth and I'm not even a baseball fan LOL

Sandy said...

This is fun! Thanks for sharing this.

IamwhoIam said...

I think I heard this some where before yea yea had to google it than and would still.

Beckie said...

Now we all know! I don't think I have ever heard this one.

Anonymous said...

Wow....I would have thought it was Ichiru (my favorite ball player, btw).

Jeanna said...

I would have said Ichiro too, but this guy is old school. Hey, your link is a little messed up. I think it's because blogspot is misspelled.

Sauntering Soul said...

I would never have known this!

Unknown said...

Well now I know too. :)

Faye said...

Okay Swampangel, you've just gotten to the essence of trivia. So you have no idea where you learned this? Can't wait to roadtest this on my baseball geek friend.

storyteller said...

Hmmm … I didn’t know that … so thanks, I think ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Pamela said...

I almost thought you made it up. ha ha.

Anonymous said...

This is certainly something to throw around at the next cocktail party! I'll be the only one who knows this...unless you're there.

Hula Girl at Heart said...

This sounds like a question I would miss when playing Trivial Pursuit. Of course, I answer all baseball questions in Trivial Pursuit with Satchel Paige.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is a random fact!