You can take the GRITS out of Florida, but you can't take Florida out of the GRITS!

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Critters

We had a boyscout put up several Screech owl boxes in the woods where I work. Last week, we finally saw a resident! Not a great pic, but I didn't want to try to get any closer to him.

The next few pics are just for kicks.

My sister's turtle, Mort, who thinks she's a dog...

Thing 2 and Harley, our Sulcata tortoise. Harley does NOT think she's a dog.

No, my tort doesn't wear lipstick. She just ate some cherries. I think she felt a little prettier, though...




5 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

I'm back...just wanted you to know there is something waiting for you on my Wednesday blog!!

Anonymous said...

I want your turtle! Thing 2 is growing up!!

Pretty Lipstick Turtle!

Anonymous said...

I don't want you turtle.
And by dog sometime thinks he's a cat and at other times a pig.
BTW the last ananymous was me I don't use big words like that. Not that I don't know what they mean, I just can't spell them.

SwampAngel65 said...

Yes, I can tell "your" anonymous from "real" anonymous!

Unknown said...

Oh I love the lipstick wearing turtle! I love that last shot. :)