You can take the GRITS out of Florida, but you can't take Florida out of the GRITS!

Friday, December 28, 2007

Strangers in the night

Hmmm...someone from Spring, Texas has been visiting my blog. I used to live in Spring. I wonder who you are...


Anyway, I got a great movie on dvd for Christmas, "Casablanca". I've seen it a zillion times, but it seems each time I watch it, I pick up on something different. The other night we watched it and I was left with a whole other take on Ilsa. I think Ilsa was playing poor Rick the whole time in Casablanca. Sure, I think she had feelings for him in Paris. But in Casablanca it was different. I think she put on that whole act at the end when Rick tells her she and Victor are getting on the plane and she gets all upset. BS! She put on that whole act because she wanted Rick to give the letters of transit to her and her husband. She used Rick. Then, at the end, got all mushy on him so that he wouldn't think bad of her...he'd think he did the "right thing". Ease her conscience a bit and make Rick feel like he did a good deed. Ever notice the little smirk Ilsa got on her face as she and Victor were walking to the plane? Yup. Player.


No comments: