You can take the GRITS out of Florida, but you can't take Florida out of the GRITS!

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Outside my office

I just stepped outside my office to stretch my legs a bit. As I was looking at some butterflies, I heard this awful "Grrrrack" sound coming from the woods directly across from the office. I stopped and heard it again. Then I saw what I at first thought was a cat? No, no...no cat...a fox!!! He made that "Grrrrrack" sound again, so I made one back. We "Grrracked" back and forth for a few minutes, then he simply turned away and hopped back into the hammock. Awesome! That's the best thing about working where I do - I never know what I may see whenever I go outside and look around.

I'm happy!

1 comment:

SophieMae said...

I'm so glad you stopped by and lead me back to your blog! Your office sounds like a nigh-perfect place to be working. Got an opening for a resident mother hen? 8-}

It's been quite a few years sonce I visited Lake Placid. Downtown Brooksville has some great murals, as well.

I don't know why, but only the first picture in each post - except your first - has a working link. I've noticed this in some other blogs I frequent. Anyhow, I'm really enjoying your pics and commentaries. It's so good to know there are other crackers around who still care about Flarda. 8-]