You can take the GRITS out of Florida, but you can't take Florida out of the GRITS!

Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Squirt's First Fish

We finally took Aidan fishing today... it was going good until the sandfleas started coming out. Aidan was going crazy! Normally I would've had bug spray, but we left in a rush and ended up unprepared.

It didn't take long for me to get a bite and I quickly gave the rod to Aidan so he could bring in his first fish...a little jack crevalle, about 6 inches long.

He was scared to death of it and refused to get any closer for a picture.

The sunset was so beautiful! Unfortunately, most of the pictures I took came out bad :( but you can see the colors! When the sun went down, the sandfleas disappeared, but I got a bird's nest in my line, I forgot pliers and half of my hooks were rusty. Shamefull, but it's been a few years since I've had a line in the water. Tomorrow I plan on overhauling my reels, putting on fresh line and restocking my tacklebox. And, yeah..can't forget the OFF nest time!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Aidan I said congratulations on his first fish!

On a side note, I saw an everglades mink and a panther in Fakahatchee today!!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome photos !

Wow...
Hey, just came from IamwhoIam's place and saw your comment...

BITE ME. TeeHeeHee

ChrisB said...

The look on his face is so sweet. I love the sunset picture-beautiful colours.

Unknown said...

Aidan looks so cute...glad to see you're out and about again

Sandcastle Momma said...

Congratulations Aidan! That's a big fish for a little boy.

Glad you're getting lines back in the water. An afternoon or evening spent fishing is good medicine for the soul!