You can take the GRITS out of Florida, but you can't take Florida out of the GRITS!

Monday, August 18, 2008

Views of TS Fay

Fay wasn't doing much of anything, so we decided to take a drive over to Dinner Key and see the water. This is what we saw.
We left and drove through Coconut Grove, where everything seemed to be open for business, then headed south on Old Cutler to Lugo Avenue. Lugo dead ends at the Bay and it was VERY windy there!

Don't ask me what he was saying because I couldn't hear it, either!

Like I said before, Fay Schmay! I still hope I get out of work tomorrow, though! And all the kids are probably ecstatic that they got to miss the first two official days of school.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never been close to a hurricane except for a drink served in one of those glasses named for that particular storm, BUT I have been in a tornado. Does that count? Hope all in this one's path is safe.

Unknown said...

Glad Fay was gentle! I kept wondering. :)

SophieMae said...

Oh, well, she broke up the monotony. Duller got to spend the day hanging out with the guvnuh at the state EOC, instead of pushing papers around his cubbyhole. 8-]

Anonymous said...

Dude, I still had to come into work. :(

Anonymous said...

Is that BG behind Aidan? You lead such an exciting life. *s*

SwampAngel65 said...

Yeah, that's BG. Are you CRAZY? You think I have an exciting life???? My life is B-O-R-I-N-G!

storyteller said...

I’m relieved for all of you in Florida that ‘Fay’ proved to be less destructive than anticipated. Thanks for sharing the photos ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

storyteller said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SwampAngel65 said...

Yup, Fay came and went. Nothing but alot fo rain and some wind, and not even enough of that to do any damage anywhere around here. Got out of work for a day, though!

SophieMae, what does Duller do for a living? Sounds cool!