You can take the GRITS out of Florida, but you can't take Florida out of the GRITS!

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Is Spongebob a Pope-Approved Alien?

It's hot here. I mean...it's really hot. Humid, muggy, omgtheairissothickicanhardlybreathe hot. And there are wildfires popping up all over the state, mostly down south here and over on the east coast. They think they may have caught the a-hole who started some of them. Dude, learn to control your pyromancy! (Is pyromancy a word?)



And today I hear the Pope has said it's ok to believe in alien life forms. And Great Britain has released it's top secret ufo sightings records to the public. Coincidence both of these things happened today? Hmmm..... Any thoughts on this? Would we consider them "illegal aliens" if they landed here without proper visas? Would we make them get green cards? Could they get food stamps?!?!? Oh man, now I really am scared!












The Truth is Out There



On the hot, yet alien-free homefront, we are getting ready for Aidan's 4th birthday party. It was supposed to be Saturday, but got changed around to Friday evening. We got the kick-ass John Deere Gator for him, and the hub has to put it together tomorrow (the whole family pitched in to buy it 'cause we is too poh to do it alone). Hub's sis found a cool log cabin playhouse on Craig's List and is picking it up Friday. Aidan is going to completely FREAK OUT when he sees this stuff!!! I am so excited. When we were at ToysR Us, I also picked up a few little things for him, the best of which is an incredible Home Depot kid's toy chainsaw. It is so cool...I probably bought it more for my entertainment than his. I mean, this thing sounds real and when you pull the trigger, the plastic blades go around and around. Love it!


We also made the mistake of taking the Squirt to Party City to pick out what paper plates and cups he wants to use at his party. He bypassed Spiderman, Superman, Batman, Pirates, Speed Racer and Dora (Thank God!) and went straight to...Spongebob. Crap. I hate the Absorbent and Yellow and Porous One. But how could I deny him? So we loaded up on cups, plates, napkins, centerpieces, crappy tacky toys and a hat...all with Spongebob on them. *Sigh* It's all about the Squirt...It's all about the Squirt...It's all about the Squirt...



"Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?"









Yeah, I know...I'm going to bed now. G'Night All!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The Truth Is Out There" - have you been speaking to Maulder again?

Anonymous said...

We have that chainsaw. I have since hid the thing. If he tries to saw my leg off one more time.......

(Aaron's part is Saturday! Oh why don't you live closer so our kiddos could play together?!)

Anonymous said...

Seeing how S-bob not you flavor what would be? Other than the Steve O.

If you were going to do a theme Party for your self what would it be?

SwampAngel65 said...

Olive, you must remember to also "Trust No one"!

Nikki, Yeah, it would be awesome if our kiddos could hang out together and do a combined b-day party. In fact, I'd let you handle all party duties!

Anon (aka Penny, I'm sure), I like the pirate thing, but it's over done. Why can't I have a Steve-O theme? Or maybe a homeless theme. Yeah...

IamwhoIam said...

I like the Homeless theme - But seeing some of the Miami homeless already dress better than I do not sure how anyone could tell it is a theme

SwampAngel65 said...

I used to see a woman in Goulds that wore only paper grocery bags for clothes. Poor thing! But I thought it was kind of ingeniuos and resourceful of her.

If you wore only Saran Wrap and were a guy, I'd have to say that I could clearly see your nuts!

Get it?!? hehehehe!!!

Sandcastle Momma said...

I have a cousin that lives in Gulf Breeze and back in the 80s there were a lot of UFO sightings in that area and she swears she saw one several times. She was even interviewed for a book that was written about the sightings. Unfortunately this cousin has always been crazy so she's not a real credible source for me LOL

I hate to admit this but I love Spongebob. There's just something about his little stupid self that makes me laugh - and I would love to live in a pineapple under the sea LOL

Anonymous said...

When I hear about beach area UFO sightings, I think about my parents who used to like to take kites up at night with diver glowsticks on them. Someone once reported in the news that they had seen UFOs where my parents had been flying the kites!

Not that I am not convinced they weren't doing this to get that exact reaction...