You can take the GRITS out of Florida, but you can't take Florida out of the GRITS!

Monday, August 27, 2007

Fun Blogging Monday- Why do you blog?

I signed on to do this "Fun Monday" Blog thing. I've never done anything like it before, so I am assuming a new topic will be posted each Monday and everyone who's signed up for it has to write about it. The topic today is "Why do you blog?"

Why do I blog, anyway? I've never been one to keep a diary or journal, so why is blogging different? Especially when anyone in the world can read what you write! Kind of crazy, huh?

I've tried blogging a few different times and it never felt right. The site I have now... well, I like it fine so far. I'm trying to keep it somewhat on a theme and hopefully connect with others who share the same likes and feelings. I'm trying to stay focused on all things Florida - plants, animals, places. Doing it online makes it easier for me. I don't know why, it just does. And I like the fact that it makes sharing with friends (old and new) easier.

Blogging is kind of voyeuristic. I'm sure that everyone who is doing this "Fun Monday" thing has gone to one person's blog only to start clicking on other blogs they have links to. Next thing you know, you are eons away from the original blog you were reading! There's something oddly entertaining about reading things someone else has posted. It's like peeking through a window into their life. But, hey, they put it on the web, so that makes it ok...right? Still feels weird.

12 comments:

Beccy said...

Welcome to Fun Monday, a different person hosts it each wekk and you sign up with each person if you want to partake. Nikki is hosting next week.

I like your reasons for blogging, is it hard to keep with a theme? I find myself posting about all different things and wonder sometimes is it a bit messy but people seem to like it so I guess it's ok.

Beccy said...

*week*

Note to self: must check comments before publishing!

katy said...

fun monday sure is fun, i am a relatively new comer too.
and how true is that about jumping from one blog to another, thats how i have found so many great bloggers!

Unknown said...

I have been enjoying peeking in your window this week and I've found a new blog to read each day. I love your photos and info on Florida!

Hope you have a great Fun Monday!

ChrisB said...

Hi glad you have joined fun monday, I see my daughter, beccy, has already welcomed you. This is the reason I love blogging I've now found another place to visit. BTW I have only visited Florida once to do 'disney' and spend a week on the beautiful Anna Marie Island. How I would love to return to visit other places. The hurricanes must be really scary, I feel so sad for the people who have lost their homes and possessions.

Anonymous said...

I don't do themes either - When I first started, I tried to keep to a certain style - but I'm constantly evolving...so I suppose my blog is "all over the place" now.

I just blog because its fun.

Anonymous said...

Yeah we're all just a bunch of snoops. We're all over these windows that people leave open. Don't feel weird about it. If we didn't want you there we'd close the blinds!

Welcome to Fun Monday!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Fun Monday.

I agree about the bouncing around bit, they used to say surfing the net was like looking up aardvark and ending up reading about xylophones. Blogging can be a bit like that too.

Molly said...

Welcome to Fun Monday. You may be right about the voyeurism, but the Fun Monday crowd seems to a loving and caring bunch of folks. Your blog is different than many. I like your theme. I hope that you will join the Fun Monday group again.

Robocop said...

I have yet to settle down on a single theme. If I do, I suspect I will create another blog to keep that theme. I am content with my current blog where the sun rises at my whim.

Pamela said...

A wonderful theme you have chosen, too.

I'm curious what kind of google searches bring people to your blog.


I didn't post this fun monday because I'm visiting my new grandson...

Hope to see you again!!

R.Powers said...

I think my reasons are much like yours ... all things Florida, well real Florida at least.

This is my first visit, but I'll be back!